Information we collect and how we use it:
We offer a number of services that do not require you to register for an account or provide any personal information to us, such as viewing SYNCR and browsing our site information. In order to provide our full range of services, we may collect the following types of information:
- Information you provide – When you sign up for a SYNCR account we ask you for personal information (such as your name, email address and an account password). For subscription to SYNCR Premium, we also request credit card or other payment account information, which we maintain in encrypted form on secure servers.
- Log in information – When you access SYNCR services, our servers automatically record information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website. These server logs may include information such as your web request, Internet Protocol address, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser.
- User communications – When you send email or other communications to SYNCR, we may retain those communications in order to process your inquiries, respond to your requests and improve our services.
- Links – SYNCR may present links in a format that enables us to keep track of whether these links have been followed. We use this information to improve the quality of our recommendation and trend recognition technology, customized content and advertising.
- Benefit to you of providing personal information – The personal information you provide helps SYNCR provide better services to users, including the display of customized content and advertising; helps us audit and analyse our products so we can maintain, protect and improve our services; helps us develop new services and ensure that the technical functioning of our network; helps us inform users of new opportunities and developments regarding applications.
Hyperlinks, Widgets and Referrals:
Please consult their terms and conditions and privacy policies prior to use.
When you sign up for a particular service that requires registration, we ask you to provide personal information. If we use this information in a manner different than the purpose for which it was collected, then we will ask for your consent prior to such use.
Most browsers are initially set up to accept cookies, but you can reset your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, some SYNCR features and services may not function properly if your cookies are disabled.
You can decline to submit personal information to any of our services, in which case SYNCR may not be able to provide those services to you. This includes emailing you to notify you of any updates to your brief applications.
SYNCR only shares personal information with other companies or individuals outside of SYNCR in the following limited circumstances:
1 We have your consent. We require opt-in consent for the sharing of any sensitive personal information in compliance with GDPR regulations.
3 We have a good faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of such information is reasonably necessary to (a) satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request, (b) enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations thereof, (c) detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues, or (d) protect against imminent harm to the rights, property or safety of SYNCR, its users or the public as required or permitted by law.
We may share with third parties certain pieces of aggregated, non-personal information, such as the number of users who searched for a particular song, for example, or how many users clicked on a particular advertisement. Such information does not identify you individually.
Please contact us at the address noted above for any additional questions about the management or use of personal data.
We take appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of data. These include internal reviews of our data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures, as well as physical security measures to guard against unauthorized access to systems where we store personal data.
We restrict access to personal information to SYNCR employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to operate, develop or improve our services. These individuals are bound by confidentiality obligations and may be subject to discipline, including termination and criminal prosecution, if they fail to meet these obligations.
When you use SYNCR services, we make good faith efforts to provide you with access to your personal information and either to correct this data if it is inaccurate or to delete such data at your request if it is not otherwise required to be retained by law or for legitimate business purposes. We ask individual users to identify themselves and the information requested to be accessed, corrected or removed before processing such requests, and we may decline to process requests that are unreasonably repetitive or systematic, require disproportionate technical effort, jeopardize the privacy of others, or would be extremely impractical (for instance, requests concerning information residing on backup tapes), or for which access is not otherwise required. In any case where we provide information access and correction, we perform this service free of charge, except if doing so would require a disproportionate effort.
When we receive formal written complaints at this address, it is SYNCR’s policy to contact the complaining user regarding his or her concerns. We will cooperate with the appropriate regulatory authorities, including local data protection authorities, to resolve any complaints regarding the transfer of personal data that cannot be resolved between SYNCR and an individual.
Safe Harbor Data Privacy Notice
Notice and Choice
We obtain personal information only as permitted by the Safe Harbor Principles or with the consent of the individual affected. We may ask for your consent to collect, use, or disclose personal information in certain ways, and you may be required to give your consent in order to use our services. To the extent permitted under the Safe Harbor Principles, we reserve the right to process personal information in the course of providing services through the Services.